Welcome to the Y Family!
You have just purchased a Northern Dauphin County YMCA Facility Membership which gives you access to the Northern Dauphin County YMCA facility only. You will receive an email with a receipt for this transaction. Please either print this email, or be ready to show it on your phone when you stop by to work out for the first time.
Before you use the facilities, there are a few things we will need to complete with you:
- Review Photo Identification
- Review Termination Fee Policy, Code of Conduct, and Draft Agreement
- Sign Membership Agreement
- Take Photo for YMCA Membership Key Fob
So if you are excited to try a new class, we recommend giving yourself an extra 15 minutes to complete your paperwork with us before you’re ready to get started.
Please carefully read all of the sections below containing import YMCA documents. You will be asked to review these documents briefly when you pick up your key fob, so make sure to bring any questions you may have to our Membership Desk.
Harrisburg Area YMCA Code of Conduct for Members
At the Harrisburg Area YMCA, we expect staff, members and guests to behave in accordance with our mission and values at all times, respecting the rights and dignity of others.
At the YMCA we demonstrate Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty by:
1. Speaking in respectful tones, refraining from the use of vulgar or derogatory language; and dressing appropriately.
2. Resolving conflicts in a respectful, honest and caring manner; never resorting to physical contact or threatening gestures.
3. Respecting others by refraining from intimate behavior in public, abstaining from contact of a sexual nature.
4. Respecting the property of others; never engaging in theft or destruction.
5. Creating a safe, caring environment; never carrying illegal firearms or devices.
6. Participating in programs to build a healthy spirit, mind and body, never engaging in the use, sale, dispensing or possession of illegal drugs or narcotics, or the unsanctioned use of alcohol on YMCA premises.
Adherence to the YMCA Code of Conduct and regulations is essential. Noncompliance may result in suspension or termination of YMCA membership.
Electronic Funds (EFT) or Credit Card Authorization Agreement
1. The Bank Draft/Credit Card is a continuous membership plan.
2. Membership fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
3. I agree that if I wish to terminate or change my membership in any way, I must give the YMCA a 30-day written notice.
4. The Harrisburg Area YMCA Board of Directors may, at their discretion, adjust the monthly rate applicable to my category of membership. I understand that I will receive at least four weeks written notice prior to any such change.
5. Should any membership draft be declined for any reason, I realize that I am still responsible for that payment plus a service charge applied by the YMCA of $30. This is in addition to any service fee my bank may make.
6. Membership cards remain the property of the YMCA and must be surrendered upon demand of that institution.
7. I understand that if I terminate my membership within the first year of joining, there is a $48 Termination Fee that will be charged with my FINAL bank
draft/credit card payment.
8. I understand that if I do not pay my membership dues, or if I do not correct an issue with my automatic draft in a timely manner, my membership will be terminated.
Harrisburg Area YMCA Release and Waiver of Liability
You have registered yourself/your child to participate in a YMCA service that involves physical activity. Completion of this form is required. This document is a release of claims, and by signing it you do the following:
1.Acknowledge that when participating in YMCA activities you/your child(ren) may suffer serious or fatal injury.
2.Certify to the Harrisburg Area YMCA staff that you are/your child(ren) is in good health and physical condition, sufficient to engage in such activities and that you/your child(ren)’s participation in such activities may be potentially dangerous or harmful to you/your child(ren).
3.Assume the risk of, and release and hold the Harrisburg Area YMCA harmless from, any liability for physical or other injury that has been suffered by you/your child(ren) during, or as a consequence of, participation in any physical activity and you agree that the Harrisburg Area YMCA shall not have any liability or responsibility for any such injury or harm.
4.I support the YMCA mission and understand that all YMCA programs are based on participation, fun, physical fitness and personal wellness, skill development, teamwork, fair play, family involvement, volunteerism, and character development.
Furthermore, I authorize the YMCA to photograph or video tape myself or my child(ren) and understand that all photos and video footage may be used for publicity purposes.
Early Termination Fee
I understand that if I choose to terminate my YMCA membership prior to the 12th consecutive month from joining, I will be responsible for a $48 termination fee charged to my account.
Discounts, Corporate Groups, and Financial Assistance
If you are eligible for financial assistance or eligible to receive a discount via an agreement with your employer – please contact the Y directly or sign up in person at the Y location. Financial aid, special rates and employer discounts will not apply when you join online.
Thank you for choosing the Harrisburg Area YMCA.
NOTE: If you think you’ve purchased the wrong membership, please stop by the YMCA as soon as possible so we can help you adjust! Changes for online membership purchases must be done in person to protect your private information.