Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Program
The Harrisburg Area YMCA provides Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Programs at various times throughout the year to help educate youth, adults and families regarding the dangers of smoking. The programs are funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Health through the American Lung Association of the Mid-Atlantic.
- State and Community Based Intervention Programs
- Mass-Reach Health Communication Interventions
- *Freedom From Smoking Adult Cessation Program
- Chronic Disease Reduction
- Surveillance and Evaluation
- FFS Clinics and Fax – To Training’s
- Smoke Free Multi-Unit Housing
- Young Lungs at Play Initiatives
- Prevention Programs to School Districts
- N.O.T. (Not on Tobacco) Program
- TATU (Teens Against Tobacco Use) Program
*The YMCA provides an 8 week Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Program with funding provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Health through the American Lung Association of the Mid-Atlantic called Freedom From Smoking Adult Cessation Program. Freedom from Smoking is a free program available throughout the year at select Harrisburg Area YMCA branches.
The Northern Dauphin County YMCA also serves and collaborates with Dauphin County Office of Juvenile Probation in order to provide tobacco prevention programs to youth that are enrolled in the Dauphin County Young Offenders Program.
For more information or to register for any of these programs, please call Eric Rothermel, Outreach Director at 717-362-9494.
To learn more, please click here: American Lung Association.