Our Half Day Kindergarten programs are designed to provide stimulating and enriching programs for half day kindergarten students attending local public schools. Children are transported to or from their public school to our Half Day Kindergarten program locations. Our curriculum enhances recreational and social skills through arts & crafts, learning centers, music, games, physical education, special events, and more!
Half Day Kindergarten programs pose a practical problem: what if neither of the parents are available to care for their children during the time they are out of school? The answer is the YMCA’s Half Day Kindergarten program. Provided on the West Shore and East Shore, this program makes every hour outside of school full of age-appropriate activity. With a mix of learning and play, all activities in our Half Day Kindergarten program are intended to build on the school day while giving kids a chance to experience all the YMCA has to offer.
If your family needs a little extra assistance during the school year, the YMCA is here to help. With themed weeks and educational activities, our teachers are excited to help your child learn and grow. This program fills up very quickly, so make sure that you contact us as soon as you know your child will be attending a half day kindergarten in a qualifying school district.
We can’t wait to see you at the YMCA!
|East Shore YMCA|
|West Shore YMCA
|2017 Registration Form||2018/19 Forms will be available January 26th|
|2017 Parent Handbook|
|Child Health Assessment Form|
East Shore YMCA
The East Shore YMCA offers Half Day Kindergarten Care with busing to Linglestown Elementary School.
Location: YMCA Child Development Center located in St. Andrew’s In the Valley Episcopal Church, 4618 Linglestown Road, Harrisburg, PA.
Cost for 2016-2017 School Year: $135 per week. All day care is available at no extra cost on snow days & in service days.
Hours: 7AM – till the start of Kindergarten and after school till 6PM.
Registration: $40 Non-refundable application fee per family and $10 annual program fee per child.
Center Tour and Additional Information: Contact Nikki Eisner at 717-652-3681.
West Shore YMCA - Kids in Motion
The West Shore YMCA offers a Kids-in-Motion Half Day Kindergarten program with various school districts in the area.
- Open to any child currently enrolled in either AM or PM Kindergarten
- Located at the West Shore YMCA
- AM class is available from 7:00AM until 12:30PM for students attending Green Ridge, Hampden, Hoover and Winding Creek as well as other schools not labeled as PM class.
- PM class is available from 12:30PM until 6:00PM for students attending Monroe, Shaull, Silver Spring, & Sporting Hill as well as other schools not labeled as AM class.
- Transportation is provided to Green Ridge, Hampden, Hoover and Winding Creek Elementary Schools for the AM program and is provided from Monroe, Shaull, Silver Spring, and Sporting Hill for the PM program.
- Activity Enrichment Centers Include: Arts and Crafts, Blocks, Imaginative Play, Listening and Reading, Math, and Science
- Swimming Lessons, Water Park and Gym activities are included
- Snack is provided
- Kids Klub/SACC wrap-around program is available if needed at no additional cost.
Fees: $510/month with a $45 registration fee.
For more information about our Kids-In-Motion Half Day Kindergarten program, please contact the West Shore YMCA at 717-737-9622.